Okay. I'm a bad person. I'm so sorry for not uploading sooner, but I feel like my life is pretty hectic right now. The amount of coursework I have to do for school is ridiculous. I need a schedule.
Anyway, I'm here now with a super soup that will warm you right up in time for chilly(er) days. But seriously, it's freezing right now.
My mum made this for us on bonfire night and it was delicious. She said she thinks the recipe was in a Tesco magazine a few years a go, but she's not quite sure. Basically she made this up as she went along. This recipe made quite a lot, but you could quite easily change the measurements to suit you. This is more of a guideline than an actual recipe.
-1 bunch of spring onions
-2 litres of vegetable stock
-1 kilogram frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tub of cream cheese
1) Cook the spring onion in alarge saucepan on a low heat for about 10 minutes.
2) Pour all of the stock into the pan and stir witha wooden spoon.
3) Cafefully add in all the peas. Turn the heat up and wait until boiling.
4) Add in salt and pepper to taste.
5) Using a handblender whizz until smooth - your soup will be quite runny at this point.
6) Add in cream cheese and whizz again. Add as much cream cheese as you like, or until the soup is your desired consistency.
7) Cook your bacon and chop it up. Stir it in to your soup.
Done! It's soo easy to make and really tasty too. You can take the bacon out for a vegetarian soup if you like, or use parma ham for a different flavour. It really is up to you!
Love Shay. xo