Anyway, it had these little leaflets inside that had a recipe for brownies, and I know ive already posted a brownie recipe before but they were technically supposed to be cookies. Plus these are much more ooey gooey. And it’s a totally different recipe.
You can find this recipe here.
250g Billington's Unrefined Dark Muscovado Sugar (of course any dark muscovado sugar would work)
200g unsalted butter
350g 70% dark chocolate, chopped into pieces (I used 200g milk chocolate and 150g dark chocolate. This was purely because dark chocolate isn’t my favourite thing in the world)3 medium eggs
50g self-raising flour
1) Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5, line a tin with baking parchment.
2) Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water.
3) Whisk the eggs until pale and fluffy. Add the dark muscovado sugar and whisk until thick. Gently fold in the chocolate.
4) Sift in the flour and fold in until the mixture is smooth.
5) Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes, until you see a paper-like crust on top. There should still be some movement in the centre of the tin.
6) Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then cut into squares.
These brownies were really soft and gooey in the middle. They went great with a spoonful of ice cream, and my family pretty much devoured them in a day. I blame my brother.
I also reheated one in the microwave (for about 45-60 seconds), and it was fab.
See you soon!
Love Shay. xo