Monday 30 September 2013

Sweet treats...


And, you know, cake. Because cake is always good. I promise. 
So, I recently made myself a little 'rule' that I wouldn't gorge myself with cupcakes anymore, because if I'm being honest, I was out of control. Cakes, but cupcakes in particular, are a huge guilty pleasure of mine - in fact, I'm a sucker for most sweet treats.
Because of this, I've decided to start what will hopefully become a weekly feature - Cupcake recipes. Or, y'know, food. But I tend not to venture off into the world of savoury food, so sweet treats it is. 
I can tell you already that these recipes won't be mine, and if they are I'll make it pretty obvious, so I will always post a link where I can.
Which brings me on to this:
Cupcakes for two. This isn’t my own recipe, as mentioned, and you can find the original here.

One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
serves 2 (If you're feeling generous)
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.

I would like to say that when I make this recipe, I just use the full egg. Much less hassle, and they still taste great! I've also replaced the vanilla with 1-2 teaspoons with cocoa powder, which again are the best. 
My own babies. I didn't get a picture of them post-bake. They were just too good. And, obviously, I got three cupcakes instead of two.

Like I said before, I’m trying not to be a cake pig, so this is perfect for when you’re desperate for cake but know that you won’t be able to deny all twelve cupcakes residence in your tummy. It says for two, but really? Who’s buying that?
I much prefer making my own cakes because that way I know exactly what’s gone in them.
Love, Shay. xo

1 comment:

  1. I'm making dis cupcake soon, so pls what size of egg did u use and how long did u whisk it with d sugar. Oh, and were d measurements exact or heaped. Tnx, pls reply soon ��

    ReplyDelete